Bild: Passing Storms - Rain, 2015
- - 2016__Lightscape (in progress): „Thirty seven screens of dichroic glass ‚flags‘ flutter in the breeze Blair LRT Station as trains enter and exit the station, catching the light and color of the surroundings“. Ottawa, Ontario Interactive lighting programs animate the environment at night. Project in partnership with cj fleury and BBB Architects.
- - 2015__Passing Storms: „Two large courtyard installations Rain and Cloud that move with the wind and use Oregon State Hospital weather as a metaphor for the complex and intangible workings of the mind.“ Junction City, OR Working on the design team with mental health patients as well as architects, landscape architects and all the stakeholders.
- - 2015__Time’s Shadow (in progress): „Three enormous glass boxes with a total area of 11,000 square feet Rideau Centre, on the façades of the Centre. Etched images of trees and leaves alternate with Ottawa, ON. stripes of clear glass in front of hybrid images of sky and forests throughout the seasons also cut into alternating stripes. As the viewer moves past and the etched lines alternately reveal and obscure one of the images, there is the perception of sky and forest fading in and out of view, creating the illusion of both depth and movement“.
- - 2015__Arbor Winds (in progress): „Art elements on three separate sites create a gateway to the Stadium Bridge town. Etched glass and stone works with images of trees at two moments and State Street in time, blown by the wind. They are a metaphor for the energy and beauty Ann Arbor, MI of the town filled with mature trees planted by the founders and protected by the residents“.
- - 2014__Sky Cycles: Warm Springs BART Station, Fremont, CA. „This work Warm Springs BART Station transforms the interior spaces and exterior appearance of the new station Fremont, CA covering 8000 sq. ft of glass with color and images that evoke the changing times of day and year between the sky, water and mountains of the area“.
- - 2007__Shadows and Windy Places, Gallery Stratford, Stratford, Ontario
- - 2004__Nevertheless, Provincetown Art Association and Museum, Provincetown, Massachusetts
- - 2002__Playthings, Koffler Center for the Arts and Edward Day Gallery, Toronto, Ontario
- - 1998__Lost Sense - An Installation by Catherine Widgery, Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto, Ontario
- - Lignes, Musée de Lachine, Lachine, Québec 2010
- - The Art of Placemaking: Interpreting Community Through Public Art, Ronald Lee Fleming 2008
- - Intrus/Intruders, Musee du Quebec, Québec 2008
- - Art for Prabhat, New Delhi, India 2007
- - El Bosque/The Forest, escultura/sculpture, Qualitas, essays by Alburto Ruy Sanchez, Mary Schneider Enriquez, Exequiel Ezcurra, William McKibben, Mexico City, Mexico 2005
Catherine Widgery lebt in Cambridge, Massasuchets USA.
1974: Tyler School of Art in Rom; 1975: Yale University, B.A. Cum Laude, special distinction in fine arts, Walker Prize, Fine Arts Faculty.
˄ zur Übersicht